Code of Conduct
This school is a community. Everyone in this community has the right to be safe and happy so that she/he can work and learn. The following rules apply to all students, staff and visitors.
- We will respect others and their right to learn.
- We will respect school property.
- We will resolve conflict peacefully.
- We will dress appropriately.
- We will move safely throughout the school.
- We will arrive on time for class.
- We will focus on learning in class.
- No electronic devices (cell phones, MP3 players, iPods, etc.) in classrooms or the library without permission of the teacher. Note: School accepts no responsibility for electronic devices and recommends that they be left at home.
- Student clothing (including backpacks, purses and binders) should not depict messages written or drawn which are gang related, profane, demeaning or promote illegal or immoral activity.
- Students must change any clothing that constitutes a safety or health hazard.
- No bandanas, hats or pulled up hoodies are to be worn in school.
- Swearing is prohibited in school.
- Tops must extend to the pant line, with no bare midriff or low neck lines. Pants, skirts, shorts and tops must cover underwear.
- No illegal gambling on school premises.
- The use or possession of drugs/paraphenalia or alcohol is prohibited.
- The use or possession of weapons is prohibited.
- Discrimination on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age or physical/mental ability is prohibited.