Code of Conduct
R.D. Parker Collegiate Code of Conduct
This school is a community. Everyone in this community has the right to be safe and happy so that they can work and learn. The following rules apply to all students, staff and visitors.
- We will respect others and their right to learn.
- We will respect school property.
- We will resolve conflict peacefully.
- We will move safely through the school.
- We will arrive on time for class.
- We will focus on learning in class.
- No electronic devices in classrooms or the library without permission of the teacher. Note: School accepts no responsibility for electronic devices and recommends that they be left at home.
- Wear a shirt that extends at least to the navel, in combination with pants, skirt, or shorts.
- Shirts and dresses must have opaque fabric that covers the front and sides of the torso, up to the armpit.
- Clothing must cover undergarments (waistbands and straps excluded).
- Opaque fabric must cover genitals, buttocks and areolas.
- Hats and other headwear must allow the face to be visible.
- Clothing must be suitable for all scheduled classroom activities including physical education, science labs, wood shop, and other activities where unique hazards exist.
- Specialized courses may require specialized attire, such as sports uniforms or safety gear.
- Clothing, backpacks, purses and binders should not depict messages written or drawn which are gang related, profane, demeaning, exploitive or promoting illegal activity.
- The use or possession of drugs/paraphenalia, vapes or alcohol is prohibited.
- Discrimination on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age or physical/mental ability is prohibited.
*** For complete guidelines regarding student, staff, and parent expectations see administrative procedure 1.A.30 Code of conduct