The Learning Centre
The Learning Centre is located in Room 107 opposite the stairs down to the Theatre. Our staff includes one full-time and two part-time resource teachers.
Our goal is to provide extra academic support when a student needs more than what is offered in the classroom.
- Consultation with parents, teachers, counsellors, specialists
- Assessment of students and placement in appropriate programming
- Cooperative planning with teachers to support students in the classroom
- Direct help to students during the school day or after school
- Coordination of educational assistants to provide maximum support for students
- Transition planning for students moving from Grade 8 to Grade 9
- Special Language Credits
- Linda Bass, email@example.com
- Paul Fricker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs RDPC offers are:
Success For Learners (SFL)
Regular credit courses for Grade 9 and 10 students who have gaps in learning usually due to past attendance or other issues. See a resource teacher.
Students with failing grades (35%-49%) may be eligible to work on modules to recover certain credits based on the recommendation of the classroom teacher. See a counsellor or resource teacher.
For students who need more support than can be offered in a regular program, even with adaptations. Students receive modified credits in this program. See a resource teacher for eligibility requirements.
For unemployed youth over 16 who are not in school. See a counsellor or resource teacher for info and for help in filling out an application.